Everyone loves a good appetizer, especially with back-to-school and fall sports around the corner. These homemade Mozzarella Sticks are sure to be a favorite for the whole family, or the whole party! Try them out and let us know what you think.
2 cups vegetable oil
10 – 12 mozzarella cheese sticks
1 tablespoon milk
¼ cup flour
1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
½ cup Panko crumbs
Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Heat vegetable oil in a small pan over medium heat
2. In a bowl, whisk the milk and eggs together
3. Mix breadcrumbs and Panko crumbs
4. Coat cheese sticks in flour and then dip into the egg mixture. Next, dip the cheese sticks into the breadcrumb mixture. Dip cheese sticks back into egg mixture and then back into breadcrumb mixture. Repeat for each cheese stick.
5. With tongs or other kitchen utensil, carefully drop cheese stick into oil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Drain cheese sticks on paper towels and serve with marinara sauce!
Good luck & enjoy!