The Estimators at D&S Automotive lead the team that disassembles vehicles, thoroughly inspects them for damage, and properly documents all damage. The Estimator’s conclusions will then be used by the shop’s Repair Planners to create and submit an estimate to the insurance company or the customer for permission.
This is a full-time opportunity that works during the 8:00am – 5:30pm time frame, Monday to Friday. We offer competitive hourly compensation, as well as full health, dental, and 401K plans. Pay will be commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
- On-point organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Essential Job Functions
- Leads disassembly of vehicles and manages all documentation of damage by utilizing our estimating system and taking digital photos
- Assist in establishing a realistic repair plan based on parts’ delivery dates and current shop volume
- Assists Repair Coordinator in creating an estimate for repairs
- Contacts customer and explains repair process, parts used for repairs, and for repairs
- Work with parts to acquire needed parts to complete repair
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check
- Prior auto body collision experience is required
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365
- Skillful with the CCC One estimating program or equivalent
About D&S Automotive
D&S began in 1977, with a small shop off Clover Avenue in Mentor. Since then we have grown into a collection of three collision centers and have become a leader in auto body collision repair in Northeast Ohio, and we are still growing. This position could be your “in” with our company, in which the advancement potential is unlimited.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.