Who We Are
D&S Automotive was founded in 1977 and has since grown to become a leader in Northeast Ohio collision repair and automobile restyling. With three locations in Mentor and Chardon, the company is locally owned and headquartered in Mentor, Ohio. D&S Automotive’s unrivaled customer experience and attention to detail has earned them a reputation in the community for its award-winning service, quality customer care and community involvement.
What We Value
Philanthropy: We passionately believe that it is our communities and the people that make up our communities that shape our business and make us a successful company. Our desire is to embrace philanthropy and maintain a culture of giving to better our community just like it betters us.
Family: Families care about one another. They show admiration and respect whilst also supporting in times of need. They relate to each other and use this to solve problems and achieve common goals. At D&S Automotive, we work to maintain a welcoming atmosphere where employees have opportunities to build camaraderie and elevate teamwork.
About the Position
The Detail/Porter is key for maintaining quality of initial assessment and successful delivery of our customers’ vehicles. This position is responsible for cleaning, moving and maintaining vehicles while assisting the service department in various duties.
This is a full-time opportunity that works during the 8:00 am – 5:00 pm time frame, Monday through Friday. We offer competitive compensation, as well as medical, vision, dental, PTO, Paid Holidays, and 401K plan. The Detailer/Porter will report to the Collision Center Manager and pay will commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain shop cleanliness
- Detail vehicles before repair and final delivery to customer
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior technical schooling or training related to the automotive field is preferred, but not required
- An above average level of automotive and/or mechanical knowledge is preferred, but not required
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check
- Walking/Standing for most of the workday
- Frequent bending, stretching, lifting, reaching, and climbing
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Good communication skills to interact with customers, employees, and vendors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
D&S Automotive is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.