The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is vital to the flow of information within each of our collision centers. This position is responsible for handling incoming phone calls, greeting individuals that visit the facility, and assisting the collision center staff with billing and appointments.
This is a full-time opportunity that works during the 8:00am – 5:30pm time frame, Monday to Friday. We offer competitive hourly compensation, as well as full health, dental, and 401K plans. Pay will be commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
- On-point organizational skills and attention to detail
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Essential Job Functions
- Handle incoming phone traffic; ensuring callers get to the appropriate person to assist them, assist in scheduling customer appointments, updating customers on current repairs, etc.
- Greet people that enter the office
- Assist in preparing final billing
- Manage rental car reservations
- Manage repair schedule and distribute work load
- Handle updating customers on the status of their vehicles at certain points in the repair process
- Prepare folders for delivery of vehicles back to customers
- Assist in final delivery of vehicles back to customers; walk them through the repairs and paperwork
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check
- Prior Automotive Service or Auto Body experience is a plus
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365
About D&S Automotive
D&S began in 1977, with a small shop off Clover Avenue in Mentor. Since then we have grown into a collection of three collision centers and have become a leader in auto body collision repair in Northeast Ohio, and we are still growing. This position could be your “in” with our company, in which the advancement potential is unlimited.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.