Our goal, as we continue our COVID-19 Local Business Spotlights is to bolster our local chamber members who are giving back to the community and spread some positive vibes. That being said, we will continue to feature business from the Mentor, Willoughby Western Lake County, Eastern Lake County, and Chardon chambers of commerce.
Today, we are featuring Willoughby Western Lake County Chamber member, The Bar Athletics. With the shut down of gyms due to Coronavirus concerns, The Bar has had to find creative new ways to engage its members and keep them motivated.
The Bar Athletics
Originally having locations in Chardon and Eastlake, The Bar Athletics has now made Downtown Willoughby home for the past three years. The gym takes great pride in helping people change their lives through physical activity, accountability and community.
With the current climate surrounding COVID-19, The Bar Athletics has had to adjust its services completely to continue to provide value to its members. Upon the order, Heath Wenzel, co-owner of Bar Athletics, took immediate action and launched a loan program for members so that they could take equipment from the gym to utilize in their homes, as many people do not have their own.
In addition, the gym did not skip a beat, offering virtual zoom classes throughout the week such as Tabata Tuesday and Wellness Wednesday. If a member happens to miss a class, the classes are recorded and offered on The Bar Athletics Facebook page. To keep clients motivated and thriving in all areas of life while they are social distancing, The Bar Athletics also uses Facebook to post weekly challenges with topics such as exercise and mindset. Furthermore, delicious and nutritious weekly recipes are shared to keep members feeling good on the inside as well.
As another social distancing solution, the gym is getting ready to launch their 28 Day At Home Challenge. Heath told us, “This is the perfect excuse to clean out the garage or basement, crank your own jams and inspire your kids, neighbors and even your pets too.” Remote coaching workouts will be loaded into an application called TrueCoach and will include specific warm-up sequences, mobility exercises and cool-down practices. The coaches will give personalized adjustments to tailor each workout to meet the individual’s goals and best of all, it calls for only exercise equipment you have at home.
With the community always in mind, the coaches at Bar Athletics got together to employ a t-shirt drive where a portion of the proceeds will benefit health care workers at local hospitals. The back of the shirts are donned with “The Bar Athletics Quaran-Team” and can be purchased on their website.
Heath is thankful for The Bar Athletics members and their continued support. He told us, “It is truly inspiring to see how our community has risen to face the challenges in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Thriving, not merely surviving, over the last six weeks has brought a lot of us out of our comfort zones, and into that uncomfortable place where growth and opportunity lives.” The Bar Athletics also admires its members in healthcare, law enforcement, fire and the military, as well as fellow local businesses that are staying strong, getting creative and working to support our community.
The Bar Athletics is in the business of changing lives every day and as you can see, the company continues to drive their mission for the good of its clients and community during these challenging times.
We are so happy to see businesses like The Bar Athletics staying positive and finding the nuggets through all of this.
As for D&S, we are open and operating under adjusted hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm M-F.
Here are the actions we are taking:
- We are sanitizing all vehicles before and after each repair. Our employees are paying special attention to touch points such as keys, seats, steering wheels, door handles, and shift knobs.
- We are offering complimentary pick up and drop off of vehicles so you do not need to leave your home. Employees picking up and dropping off vehicles are required to wear gloves and a face covering.
- You can get a repair estimate from home by using our online estimate tool.
- We will work with you in terms of payment over the phone or any other precautions to ensure as little contact as possible.
- We are cleaning our facilities frequently with sanitizing products.
- We are taking precautions to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers, as well as, instructing all employees to be vigilant about frequent and proper hand washing.
- If you feel sick, please visit our Collision Centers at a future date, stay home and seek advice from your health care provider.