Every day, we hear of how local businesses are coming up with new and innovative ways to get their products and/or services out into the community during COVID-19. We decided to use this as an opportunity to spotlight fellow Mentor, Willoughby Western Lake County, Eastern Lake County, and Chardon Chamber members that are proving just how resilient our community is in times of crisis.
Today, we are looking at Branches of Wellness, a Painesville yoga studio that offers classes for all different styles and ages, and how they changed their business to accommodate the virtual climate.
Branches of Wellness
Branches of Wellness is an Eastern Lake County Chamber member located in Painesville right on the square. The company often hosts special events and workshops, such as healthy living, shamanic studies, energy work, meditation, music, drumming, sound healing, and essential oils. In addition, Branches of Wellness customers look forward to a variety of healing arts, such as massage. Unfortunately, like many local businesses, Branches of Wellness is temporarily closed due to COVID-19.
Instead of shutting down completely, Owner and Director, Erin Hill, decided to turn this challenge into an opportunity and offer virtual classes via Facebook Live on the company’s business page. Erin told us, “Branches of Wellness is here for its customers’ well-being and peace of mind, body and spirit during these uncertain times. It’s important to take a breath, smile gently and connect. All is well.” While the live classes are free, clients have the option to make a donation for taking the class or there is an option to pay for monthly unlimited classes. The virtual class schedule is available on the Branches of Wellness Facebook page and on the company’s website. There are also free guided meditations on the website to help those that are stressed or anxious.
Erin and the staff at Branches of Wellness are grateful for their clients and the community for all the support during this uncertain time and they look forward to welcoming the community back into their studio!
We will be sharing more stories like this throughout the week, so stay tuned!
As for D&S, we are open and operating under adjusted hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm M-F.
Here are the actions we are taking:
- We are sanitizing all vehicles before and after each repair. Our employees are paying special attention to interior and exterior customer touch points such as keys, seats, steering wheels, door handles, and other hard surfaces.
- We are offering complimentary pick up and drop off of vehicles so you do not need to leave your home.
- You can get a repair estimate from home by using our online estimate tool.
- We will work with you in terms of payment over the phone or any other precautions to ensure as little contact as possible.
- We are cleaning our facilities frequently with sanitizing products.
- We are taking precautions to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers, as well as, instructing all employees to be vigilant about frequent and proper hand washing.
- If you feel sick, please visit our Collision Centers at a future date, stay home and seek advice from your health care provider.