Who We Are
D&S Automotive was founded in 1977 and has since grown to become a leader in Northeast Ohio collision repair and automobile restyling. With three locations in Mentor and Chardon, the company is locally owned and headquartered in Mentor, Ohio. D&S Automotive’s unrivaled customer experience and attention to detail has earned them a reputation in the community for its award-winning service, quality customer care and community involvement.
What We Value
Philanthropy: We passionately believe that it is our communities and the people that make up our communities that shape our business and make us a successful company. Our desire is to embrace philanthropy and maintain a culture of giving to better our community just like it betters us.
Family: Families care about one another. They show admiration and respect whilst also supporting in times of need. They relate to each other and use this to solve problems and achieve common goals. At D&S Automotive, we work to maintain a welcoming atmosphere where employees have opportunities to build camaraderie and elevate teamwork.
About the Position
The Disassembly Technician is key to our Repair Planners discovering concealed damage on vehicles through our thorough non-structural disassembly process. Working together as a team, the Disassembly Technician assists the Repair Planner in writing a complete estimate for repairs.
This is a full-time opportunity that works during the 8:00 am – 5:30 pm time frame, Monday through Friday. We offer competitive compensation, as well as medical, vision, dental, PTO, Paid Holidays, and 401K plan. The Disassemble Technician will report to the Production Manager and pay will commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle and fenders
- File, grind, and sand repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
- Perform quality repairs; while keeping in mind on-time status
- Work and communicate with others on vehicle repair status
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of automobiles is required
- At least 1 year of body shop experience preferred
- Knowledge of new vehicle technologies is preferred
- ICAR Certification in body repair preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check
- Great attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds
- Reaching above and below shoulder level
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping to complete or inspect repairs
- Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment
- May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center
- Must be able to wear protective equipment, including respirator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
D&S Automotive is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.