Who We Are
D&S Automotive was founded in 1977 and has since grown to become a leader in Northeast
Ohio collision repair and automobile restyling. With three locations in Mentor and Chardon, the company is locally owned and headquartered in Mentor, Ohio. D&S Automotive’s unrivaled customer experience and attention to detail has earned them a reputation in the community for its award-winning service, quality customer care and community involvement.
What We Value
Philanthropy: We passionately believe that it is our communities and the people that make up our communities that shape our business and make us a successful company. Our desire is to embrace philanthropy and maintain a culture of giving to better our community just like it betters us.
Family: Families care about one another. They show admiration and respect whilst also supporting in times of need. They relate to each other and use this to solve problems and achieve common goals. At D&S Automotive, we work to maintain a welcoming atmosphere where employees have opportunities to build camaraderie and elevate teamwork.
About the Position
This Mechanic is key to completion of work flow through our Collision Center. You will perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis, service, and repair of steering, suspension, brakes, engines, transmissions, differentials, electrical, and air conditioning systems.
This is a full-time opportunity that works during the 8:00 am – 5:30 pm time frame, Monday through Friday. We offer competitive compensation, as well as medical, vision, dental, PTO,
Paid Holidays, and 401K plan. The Mechanic will report to the Production Manager and pay will commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Diagnose problems using computerized diagnostic equipment
- Plan work procedure using manuals, experience, and charts
- Repair worn parts, such as brake pads, wheel bearings, and sensors
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they work properly
- Perform basic care and maintenance. Including changing oil, checking fluid levels, and rotating tires
- Explain automotive problems and repairs to clients
- Successful applicants must be able to work safely, perform part analysis on damaged parts and assist in inventory control or other duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of professional automotive mechanical experience or can show reasonable capabilities to perform these duties.
- At least 2 years of automotive/diesel repair experience OR have graduated from an automotive technology course at an accredited trade school or college.
- At least 1 year of body shop experience preferred
- Knowledge of new vehicle technologies is preferred
- ICAR Certification in body repair preferred
- ASE certification(s) preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check
- Skilled in performing wheel alignments, tire mount and balancing is a plus
- Great attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds
- Reaching above and below shoulder level
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping to complete or inspect repairs
- Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment
- May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center
- Must be able to wear protective equipment, including respirator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
D&S Automotive is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.