Quite often we have repairs that include work that extends beyond cosmetics. These tasks include, but are not limited to, pulling engines from vehicles and removing and replacing suspension parts. The Mechanics at our collision centers are responsible for handling these tasks and ensuring quality repairs.
This is a full-time opportunity that works during the 7:30am – 4:30pm time frame, Monday to Friday. We offer competitive hourly compensation, as well as full health, dental, and 401K plans. Pay will be commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
- Great attention to detail
- Hardworking in nature
- Takes pride in work
- Can work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to operate equipment; such as, but not limited to, vehicle lifts, tire machines, air tools, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Diagnose problems with vehicles; such as, but not limited to, steering, suspension, engine, etc.
- Ability to disassemble vehicles for repairs and later reassemble once repairs have been made
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check
- Must be 21 years of age
- Minimum of two (2) years professional automotive mechanical experience
- Must have ASE certification(s)
- Must have own tools (diagnostic and specialty tools a plus)
- 12 volt experience
About D&S Automotive
D&S began in 1977, with a small shop off Clover Avenue in Mentor. Since then we have grown into a collection of three collision centers and have become a leader in auto body collision repair in Northeast Ohio, and we are still growing. This position could be your “in” with our company, in which the advancement potential is unlimited.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.