Job Post Date
February 20, 2019
Who We Are
D&S Automotive was founded in 1977 and has since grown to become a leader in Northeast Ohio collision repair and automobile restyling. With three locations in Mentor and Chardon, the company is locally owned and headquartered in Mentor, Ohio. D&S Automotive’s unrivaled customer experience and attention to detail has earned them a reputation in the community for its award-winning service, quality customer care and community involvement.
What We Value
Philanthropy: We passionately believe that it is our communities and the people that make up our communities that shape our business and make us a successful company. Our desire is to embrace philanthropy and maintain a culture of giving to better our community just like it betters us.
Family: Families care about one another. They show admiration and respect whilst also supporting in times of need. They relate to each other and use this to solve problems and achieve common goals. At D&S, we work to maintain a welcoming atmosphere where employees have opportunities to build comradery and elevate teamwork.
About the Position
The Paint Technician is a full-time position responsible for refinishing all assigned vehicles, following the written repair order. The Paint Technician plays a key role in delivering on D&S’ promise of timeliness, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Meets with repair center management & paint team to plan repairs and prioritize work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Prepares spray-out panels to determine blend needs
- Knows status of assigned vehicles and helps problem-solve on getting and keeping all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Performs all refinish procedures according to factory specifications and D&S policy.
- Ensures all formulations, preparations, top coating and curing meet OEM recommended standards for proper application sequence, timing and materials usage
- Maintains acceptable cost per paint labor hour.
- Knowledge of manufacturers’ repair/refinishing processes
- Ability to use selected vendor materials efficiently and cost effectively
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning by participating in ongoing I-CAR ProLevel training and other D&S/industry-related training.
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle
- ASE certification in refinishing procedures; may require certification by paint and/or equipment vendor(s)
- Auto Body Vo-Tech certificate preferred
- Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds
- Reaching above and below shoulder level
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to complete or inspect repairs
- Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment
- May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion
- May be required to inspect vehicles outdoors in inclement weather
- Visual acuity for color matching
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center
- Must be able to wear protective equipment, including respirator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Would You Like to Apply?
View our Careers Page for more information and opportunities.